SCC 2010

Guest BeetleBug

Helpoiten ja ehkä sopivimmin pääsis tieten turkusen kautta?

Mites DOODAH ja kumppanit meinaa mennä?

Tossahan se Jere kuukausi sitten sano, että turistit lentää helpoiten sinne, eli kaipa he lentokoneella menee vai kuinka? :D

..ai oonk mäki turisti? Kyllä äiti osti meille laivaliput turku-tukholma välille 19/8 ja takastulo liput 23/8. Ja biileihin vaihdellaan nyt askeja ja pannuja. Välillä arvotaan et millä biileillä mentäis, osa aikoo mennä jopa tästä yli. Kas traileri-paikat oli täynnä jo. 75-80% täältä lähtevistä biileistä rookereita. jiiihaa

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ketään lähdössä jo keskiviikkona hesasta reissuun? meiän nelipäinen retkua ostanu vikkarille liput. Otetaan varman päälle että päästään paikan päälle, joten siksi aikaisin liikenteessä. Torstai aikaa ajaa koko päivä pelipaikaille.

Ja maanantai ilta laivalla stokiksesta hesaan vikkarilla!

Hi guys and gals,

Time goes so fast and SCC 2010 is just around the corner. I took my car for a test drive yesterday and I`m happy to report that I have only minor issues to solve before it is ready.

For your info;

There will be people up at the location from Wednesday afternoon and early arrivals will be able to enter. Besides we could need all the help we can get with the tents, lights, timing, fences, stage etc etc.

Please drive carefully and I see you all at SCC 2010 and please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions.

Have a nice summer!

Best rgs and welcome,

Kalle

• 1 month later...

HOLEY MOLEY!!!

Just a few days left and counting.

Who will be coming from Finland? I know for sure that Valtteri is coming and being the sweet guy that he is he kindly offered us his helping hand. But only one hand... the other one was busy holding a beer. Thanks Valtteri, you will be picked up at the airport by the official SCC Taxi.

If you guys have any questions please do not hesitate to contact me.

Welcome!

http://www.sccevent.com

Best rgs

Kalle

Hello!

We are coming! A guy whit a donkey, and 8 aircooled idiots.

You may have met some of us in Vw open.

It seems like Bugrun is not for us anymore, so we come to check your happening.

We are coming friday by plane.

Juba

Hello Kalle,

I'm also finally coming to see you great event! I will arrive by plane on Friday evening 18:25. Do you still have the shuttle bus service from the airport to the event?

Are there any other guys coming with that same Finnair flight from Helsinki to Oslo?

Counting days... 9 days left.

The other Jaakko aka Jaska

Hello!

Juba

Wow!! Welcome guys! I hope that SCC will live up to your expectations. We had our last SCC meeting up at the strip yesterday and things are looking good. Sorry to report that there will unfortunately not be a sauna facility there but apart from that everything else is taken care off.

Do remember that we have a SCC "taxi" service for those of you coming by plane. It does not have room for more than 4 + driver but it can do two trips if that is ok for you guys. It is a free service but I have heard rumours that the taxi driver is open for a little kickback. All you need to do is to post your arrival times.

I`m looking forward to meeting you all!

Best rgs

Kalle

Hi Kalle!

Brothers are coming with splits (at least one split) on friday. We´ll bring you some refreshments that you like :-) so fire up the bar-b-que for us!

Bst,

Jaakko & Tomi

Hi my friends,

The Screwdriver BBQ will be ready for you on Friday:

post-1642-13888362468884_thumb.jpg

Please drive carefully and WELCOME!!

Kalle

Hello Kalle,

I'm also finally coming to see you great event! I will arrive by plane on Friday evening 18:25. Do you still have the shuttle bus service from the airport to the event?

Are there any other guys coming with that same Finnair flight from Helsinki to Oslo?

Counting days... 9 days left.

The other Jaakko aka Jaska

Hi Jaska, this is excellent info. Yes, the SCC taxi will be available for those of you coming by plane. Thank you for posting your arrival time, I reckon it is Norwegian time?

BTW; the taxi driver can be reached on +47 92 65 10 74 but please post your arrival times so that he can plan his drinking.... sorry... driving.

WELCOME!!!

Best rgs

Kalle

Hi Jaska, this is excellent info. Yes, the SCC taxi will be available for those of you coming by plane. Thank you for posting your arrival time, I reckon it is Norwegian time?

BTW; the taxi driver can be reached on +47 92 65 10 74 but please post your arrival times so that he can plan his driving.

WELCOME!!!

Best rgs

Kalle

Excellent service! Yes Kalle it is 18:25 Norwegian time.

Now we just hope that the sun will shine all the weekend!

BR

Jaska

It`s busy times but we like it.

Enclosed is a poor mobile picture from our garage, in the background you can spot my US 67 with a 2332 Turbo/EFI engine that I built this winter. It is running on E85 and it is my first ever EFI and turbo engine. It has been a very interesting process.

In the front you can spot my friend Baboon with his car Sigvart. Also a 67. A real old school car with all the right parts. A must see for you cal-look fans over there. The engine is a small 2 litre screamer with high compression also eating E85 for breakfast.

On the left side you have Fritte. His 58 is now finally ready after 2 years fighting with different issues. If one man deserve to get a timeslip it must be him. It also have a little screamer with old Sunne heads, FK89, high compression and it is paired with a real short gearbox.

On top of these 3 cars we have a 2.9l T4 coming, a purple roadster (sorry) with a 12 second potential and a original 63 coming. This is for us a new record, 6 guys from the same garage. The other 3 is not aircooled guys and not welcome to SCC...haha.

post-1642-13888362472997_thumb.jpg

See you here!

Oh... and here is the weather link; http://www.yr.no/place/Norway/Akershus/ ... /long.html

Best rgs

Kalle

Hello!

Juba

Wow!! Welcome guys! I hope that SCC will live up to your expectations. We had our last SCC meeting up at the strip yesterday and things are looking good. Sorry to report that there will unfortunately not be a sauna facility there but apart from that everything else is taken care off.

Do remember that we have a SCC "taxi" service for those of you coming by plane. It does not have room for more than 4 + driver but it can do two trips if that is ok for you guys. It is a free service but I have heard rumours that the taxi driver is open for a little kickback. All you need to do is to post your arrival times.

I`m looking forward to meeting you all!

Best rgs

Kalle

Hi Kalle!

Thank you for your very friendly offer. Our arrival time is 10.00 am (Norwegian time) on Friday.

If it is possible to get a ride we are very glad.

Could you tell me what kind of dining services you have in the event area?

Hopefully, the sun is shining!

BR

Juba

Hi Juba,

Your arrival time is noted and I will tell the driver.

Dining; we have a chef making nice burgers, hot dogs, meat, salads +bacon and egg for breakfast. He will be there from Friday and on. His kitchen is right next to the staging lane and he also have several tents where you can sit and relax AND also enjoy the racing. Apart from this the Screwdriver club invites everyone to their club stand on Friday where they will servere their club burgers and also some cold beers. If you drive 4 minutes from the strip you will also find McDonalds.

BTW; I have forgot to tell you guys that I will have my depo place together with Jussi, Jyrki, Vallteri and the others. Please pop by and say hello if you have a spare moment or two. My car should be easy to spot; it is the slowest one of the cars in the Finish camp.

Welcome!!

Best rgs

Kalle

Hi Juba,

BTW; I have forgot to tell you guys that I will have my depo place together with Jussi, Jyrki, Vallteri and the others. Please pop by and say hello if you have a spare moment or two. My car should be easy to spot; it is the slowest one of the cars in the Finish camp.

Welcome!!

Best rgs

Kalle

Naah, that´s not true Kalle. I´m leaving the blower home and drive with carbs only so you`ll eat me for breakfast. If the car makes it all the way there to begin with...

See you soon!

Niklas

Hi Juba,

Welcome!!

Best rgs

Kalle

Naah, that´s not true Kalle. I´m leaving the blower home and drive with carbs only so you`ll eat me for breakfast. If the car makes it all the way there to begin with...

See you soon!

Niklas

There is still some much higher and slower car than yours in Finish camp if I can change my ticket with Puide...

-pep-pi-

Haha guys, I`m glad if I can avoid getting stuck in the trackbite.

With our without blower I`m looking forward to meeting you again Niklas. Today we had the warmest day this summer and this is good news for the track. The weather forecast is a little up`n down like it has been all summer. Some say sun and 20-22 degress while other say that there can be a little drizzle. No matter what weather I`m sure we`re going to have a good time.

It`s ALL about the fun!

Best rgs

Kalle

Hi Juba,

Your arrival time is noted and I will tell the driver.

Dining; we have a chef making nice burgers, hot dogs, meat, salads +bacon and egg for breakfast. He will be there from Friday and on. His kitchen is right next to the staging lane and he also have several tents where you can sit and relax AND also enjoy the racing. Apart from this the Screwdriver club invites everyone to their club stand on Friday where they will servere their club burgers and also some cold beers. If you drive 4 minutes from the strip you will also find McDonalds.

Welcome!!

Best rgs

Kalle

Hi Kalle!

Sounds great!

This year we are as tourists and arrive by plane because of the family and work reasons. Hopefully next year we are there with our cars.

I have the honor to inform you that our "club's" fastest car ran a 12.7, 12.3, and 12.4 saturday on Alastaro Raceway.

which is really well because the car was the first time on strip.

I am sure that we have time to meet you

BR

Juba

Impressive Juba, congrats!!

Just to sum things up with regards to the SCC taxi;

Friday 10.00

Valtteri

Juba + 8 + 1 donkey

Friday 18.25

Jaska

It will be busy on Friday so please be patience with the cab driver. He can only take 4 guys at a time and he will have room for the donkey on the roof rack.

Warm weather here today too.

Best rgs

Kalle

Ei juuri jänskää yhtään...Laiva lähtee keskiviikko iltana kohti tukholmaa ja nyt päätti sunnuntaina mennä juniksen takanavasta boorit siliäksi!! Huomenna menossa vasta sorviin type3 navat ku vaatii koneistusta levyn istuttamiseksi päälle.

onhan tässä vielä hyvinkin aikaa saada junis vyöriin:D, ainii mutku pitäis niitä töitäkin tossa pävällä tehdä...

Guest valtteri
This is my weather forecast for the weekend;

I know... probably a bit optimistic but what the heck. Most important thing is that you`re actually coming.

Kalle is absolutely right. Even if it rains, SCC is still a blast! Last year it rained for the better part of Saturday but that damn day was probably the most fun! We had an awesome time beside the grill and what do the Norwegians do? They get a DJ and a PA system, set it up in a big tent and throw a huge party! That was so much fun and I'm pretty sure nobody even realized it was raining. I've started to suspect that the SCC guys opened their nitrous oxide bottles and filled the air with it...

Just take your raincoats, plenty of Jaloviina and you'll do fine. I promise! =)

Guest valtteri
Ei juuri jänskää yhtään...Laiva lähtee keskiviikko iltana kohti tukholmaa ja nyt päätti sunnuntaina mennä juniksen takanavasta boorit siliäksi!! Huomenna menossa vasta sorviin type3 navat ku vaatii koneistusta levyn istuttamiseksi päälle.

onhan tässä vielä hyvinkin aikaa saada junis vyöriin:D, ainii mutku pitäis niitä töitäkin tossa pävällä tehdä...

Viime vuonna vikana iltana (keskiviikko-ilta) ennen laivan lähtöä olin Tuusulan motarilla lähellä Tuusulaa vetämässä Splitillä viimeistä testireissua ennen SCC:hen lähtöä, ja laitos sammui siihen. Sain kaverilta kyydin ja hain sytkäosia tallilta. Tällöin kello oli about 23. Kamojen vaihdon jälkeen kaikki tuntui hyvältä ja lähdin yksin paluumatkalle kohti stadia. Kupla perkele hyytyi lopullisesti vähän ennen vähäpoika-Shellia (siinä lentokentän lähellä) ja tätä ennen matka Tuusulasta oli vaatinut varmaan kymmenen pysähdystä ja pähkäilyä.

Tässä vaiheessa kello oli jotain 01.30 yöllä...päivä oli siis vaihtunut jo torstain puolelle ja lähtöön oli aikaa ~14h. Volkkarit alko siinä vaiheessa vituttaa niin huolella, että olin taksia soittamassa - kun joku Hiace pysäytti viereen ja kuski kysyi voisiko auttaa. Kerroin tarinan ja sanoin että nyt riitti, mutta Hiace-mies (kupla oli hänelläkin) sanoi että perkele hinataan se nyt ainakin huoltikselle, etteivät termiitit pääse iskemään. Kaverilta löytyi vajaa 2m pitkä pätkä puutarhaletkua(!), jonka avulla hinattiin Splitti vähis-Shellille! Saatana että nauratti koko parin kilsan hinauksen ajan. Sen kaiffarin ansiosta vitutus väistyi ja kun lopulta pääsin klo 0300 goisimaan, niin taistelutahto oli taas palannut! Kiitos siis päivystyksessä olleelle Hiace-miehelle: jos tunnistat itsesi, niin kaljat tarjoon milloin vaan.

Onneksi Aircooled-Marko pystyi jelppimaan osien kanssa, ja kaikki uudet sytkäosat kädessä lampsin lopulta n. klo 13 takaisin vähäpoika-Shellille. Aikaa laivan lähtöön oli tässä vaiheessa siis 3h. =) Kamat lätkin paikoilleen ja perskeles! Laitos käynnistyi ja muutaman pajalyönnin jälkeen jakajan ennakkokäyräkin oli säädetty 25hp koneelle sopivaksi!

Energiajuoman voimin tallilta hakemaan loput kamat, viinapullo handelista ja kohti satamaa! Hyvin ehdittiin, ja perskaleen Splitti kuljetti kahta ukkoo ja karmivaa määrää kamaa >1500km pitkin Ruotsia ja Norjaa!

Aikaa siis on vielä rutkasti! =)

This is my weather forecast for the weekend;

I know... probably a bit optimistic but what the heck. Most important thing is that you`re actually coming.

Kalle is absolutely right. Even if it rains, SCC is still a blast! Last year it rained for the better part of Saturday but that damn day was probably the most fun! We had an awesome time beside the grill and what do the Norwegians do? They get a DJ and a PA system, set it up in a big tent and throw a huge party! That was so much fun and I'm pretty sure nobody even realized it was raining. I've started to suspect that the SCC guys opened their nitrous oxide bottles and filled the air with it...

Just take your raincoats, plenty of Jaloviina and you'll do fine. I promise! =)

Dam Valtteri, you`re giving away all our trade secrets. Indeed you`re right, the party tent do have nitrous nozzles mounted and every 15 minute or so we give everyone a little shot. If we can`t use it on the race track we better share it with the rest, right?

On a more serious note, tomorrow we will start rigging the place and this job will continue on Thursday. We want everything to be alles in ordnung before you guys arrive. It rains a little this morning but it is getting brighter. My guess is that it will stop raining very soon and from then and on the sun will shine. Valtteri is responsible for guideing all the racers to their depo places and he will be a busy man on Friday afternoon - evening when all the racers arrive. SCC is a event where EVERYONE is welcome (not watercooled) and we try to arrange it as compact as possible to make it as easy as possible for everyone, including the children. You will find the sales area, depo places, club land, vintage village, food court, children playground, showers, WC`s, grandstand, tech spec, secretary + + within easy walking distance. The tech team will start to control race cars on Friday afternoon and do their best to get as many cars done as possible so that IF you need to correct something you will have time to fix it before the racing start on Saturday.

Remember that EVERY racer MUST attend the drivers meeting on both days and EVERY driver need to show their driving licence on Sunday morning and get a sticker on their car to be able to race on Sunday. The SCC future also depends on the fact that everyone is doing their best to keep Mother Nature happy. Please use the trash cans!. We also have a station for any waste oil or fluids so please use this.

Please contact me if you have any questions.

Best rgs

Kalle

Älä huoli mä tein meille matka soittimen niin menee kivemmin se korjaaminen siel tien reunassa :D

post-1533-13888362508174_thumb.jpg

post-1533-13888362508583_thumb.jpg

Viime vuonna vikana iltana (keskiviikko-ilta) ennen laivan lähtöä olin Tuusulan motarilla lähellä Tuusulaa vetämässä Splitillä viimeistä testireissua ennen SCC:hen lähtöä, ja laitos sammui siihen. Sain kaverilta kyydin ja hain sytkäosia tallilta. Tällöin kello oli about 23. Kamojen vaihdon jälkeen kaikki tuntui hyvältä ja lähdin yksin paluumatkalle kohti stadia. Kupla perkele hyytyi lopullisesti vähän ennen vähäpoika-Shellia (siinä lentokentän lähellä) ja tätä ennen matka Tuusulasta oli vaatinut varmaan kymmenen pysähdystä ja pähkäilyä.

Tässä vaiheessa kello oli jotain 01.30 yöllä...päivä oli siis vaihtunut jo torstain puolelle ja lähtöön oli aikaa ~14h. Volkkarit alko siinä vaiheessa vituttaa niin huolella, että olin taksia soittamassa - kun joku Hiace pysäytti viereen ja kuski kysyi voisiko auttaa. Kerroin tarinan ja sanoin että nyt riitti, mutta Hiace-mies (kupla oli hänelläkin) sanoi että perkele hinataan se nyt ainakin huoltikselle, etteivät termiitit pääse iskemään. Kaverilta löytyi vajaa 2m pitkä pätkä puutarhaletkua(!), jonka avulla hinattiin Splitti vähis-Shellille! Saatana että nauratti koko parin kilsan hinauksen ajan. Sen kaiffarin ansiosta vitutus väistyi ja kun lopulta pääsin klo 0300 goisimaan, niin taistelutahto oli taas palannut! Kiitos siis päivystyksessä olleelle Hiace-miehelle: jos tunnistat itsesi, niin kaljat tarjoon milloin vaan.

Onneksi Aircooled-Marko pystyi jelppimaan osien kanssa, ja kaikki uudet sytkäosat kädessä lampsin lopulta n. klo 13 takaisin vähäpoika-Shellille. Aikaa laivan lähtöön oli tässä vaiheessa siis 3h. =) Kamat lätkin paikoilleen ja perskeles! Laitos käynnistyi ja muutaman pajalyönnin jälkeen jakajan ennakkokäyräkin oli säädetty 25hp koneelle sopivaksi!

Energiajuoman voimin tallilta hakemaan loput kamat, viinapullo handelista ja kohti satamaa! Hyvin ehdittiin, ja perskaleen Splitti kuljetti kahta ukkoo ja karmivaa määrää kamaa >1500km pitkin Ruotsia ja Norjaa!

Aikaa siis on vielä rutkasti! =)

Hyvä ettei olla ainuita jotka tappelee yö myöhään noitten katiskoiden kanssa....Mut nyt on uudet navat ja työstö lämpöisenä asennettu jopa paikoilleen:D !! Ja rullaa nätisti...Joten meidän retkue nostaa leuan rinnasta ja suuntaa kohti Norjaa!

Älä huoli mä tein meille matka soittimen niin menee kivemmin se korjaaminen siel tien reunassa :D

OIOIOI toi on viimesen päälle!! Kylhän sitä nyt voi tehä hymyssä suin yhen napa rempan tien sivussa ku vaan rokettirolli soi:)

...ja ei muuta ku pakkaamaan autoa...

Good morning friends,

It has rained a little this night but now the sun is up and the roads are dry. I talked to the track maestro this morning and he was up at the track already and said that things are looking really good. What is also looking good is the weather forecast; partly sun on Friday, sun on Saturday and sun on Sunday. Fingers crossed!I did the last remaining jobs on my car yesterday and all that is left is to pack a few things and drive up to the strip.

There is something in the air..... and here is a little teaser from last year; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6RZK7XAUBPk

See you soon!

Best rgs

Kalle

Good morning friends,

The first cars have arrived SCC 2010 and a lot more will arrive today, incl. what I believe is one of the best looking race cars from the UK. The weather today is grey and windy but check the latest weather report out;

http://www.yr.no/place/Norway/Akershus/ ... ekend.html

Promising!

I know that some of you guys will board the party boat this very afternoon and I just want to wish you a happy sailing. I`m sure the bar will be busy but please remember that the Stockholm police is eager to test the drivers when they drive out from the boat. Believe me, I know.

For fresh news; www.sccevent.com There you will also find a picture of our SCC taxi so that you know what to look for at the airport. Should be easy to spot among the other taxies.

Happy travel and see you here!

Best rgs

Kalle

No niin. Nuorten innoittamana hyvällä fiiliksellä tää vanaha jääräki lähtee si Norjaan ja nyt lopettais tän toimistotyön ja siirtyis kiireellä pakkaamaan sekä liftaamaan .... eiku nuorisojaoksen Ovaalin kyyditsemänä kohti Turggu. Hyvää reissua kaikille ja ajakaa varovasti meinaan sieltä Norjasta pitää selvitä takas Suomeenki.

No niin ja turistilätsä päähän ja kamera kaulaan roikkumaan. ( ehkä taas joskus kisakahinoissaki? )

Ai niin Vaasassa paistaa nyt ja 3 Ovaalia ja 3 muuta VW ilmapöhöö lähtee reissuun nyt. soon moro

We just received information from a person that is waiting for the ferry from Kiel to Oslo (he is not into VW`s)

"So many beetles are waiting here, what is going on? One of them have CSP logo and nice tires with Hoosier written on them"

Something IS going on!

The first 4 racing depos are up, the electricians are on their way and the ground is drying quickly. They have swept the strip 2 times today and will continue to prep the track accordingly. They have promised us record breaking conditions and we will not settle for anything less!

HOLEY MOLEY!

Best rgs

Kalle

50 cars and counting! And they are soon finished with the off road track. Yes, you heard right. We will have a off road track available for those of you with buggies, WW2 cars etc etc.

Best rgs

Kalle

Guest fgronlun

Suuren onnittelut ajasta.

Perskule mikä parannus päivän aikana. Tuossa ei ala 8 oleen enää hirveen kaukana jos sama tahti jatkuu.. Osaan kuvitella että hukkiksen jengat eivät saa olla rauhas tänä viikonlopppuna :D

Löytyykö mistään kuvia tuolta vuoden tapahtumasta?

Guys,

I want to say thank you to all of you that made it all the way to SCC 2010. I hope you all enjoyed it! Congrats to Jyrki for his new PB. It is really impressive to see his car on the strip.

KIITOS!

Best rgs and welcome back next year!

Kalle