SCC 2011

Guest BeetleBug

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
Guest raikaki

Jyväskylästä kaksi + yksi eli kaksi autolla ja yksi lentäen. Siljalla torstai iltana turusta ja paluu maanantaina päivälautalla.

Toivotaan ettei sade pääse kastelemaan tunnelmaa.

viime vuonna koko meiän retkue palas reissusta kuumeessa, ehkä sellanen 20€ kevyt retkiteltta ei ollu paras vaihtoehto norjan ilmastoon siinä vaiheessa ku vettä tuli yöllä kohtuullisesti. Eikä matkan taittaminen mun juniksella takaisin päin tainnu olla ihan herkkua, ilman lämmönvaihtimia tottakai:)

Tais tulla Roopelle mitta täyteen ku tänä vuonna lähdetään Fastyllä ja oli huhu puheiden mukaan hankkinu jonkinmoisen kodan??

Dear Finnish friends:

11 days until SCC and the countdown has started. Please do not hesitate to contact me if any info is needed and remember that you can save some money on buying your tickets in advance: www.sccevent.com

See you in Norway!

Best rgs

Kalle

10 days left until the 10th SCC!

Who`s coming?

- Slugs?

- Jussi and his team has confirmed their arrival

- Jyrki?

- What about the brothers?

- Tomi with the brown split

Any questions please ask, we talked to a lot of you at VWOpen and it would be a pleasure meeting you again.

Best rgs

Kalle

post-1642-13888363571145_thumb.jpg

Guest valtteri

I wouldn't miss it for the world! This time I will do my best to avoid the 39C fever I had for the whole weekend (and the antibiotics after that). =)

I am sorry to say that this year I will be the only Slug arriving, and will unfortunately do so by plane. Haven't really had any motivation to work on the car along with being busy with work. This year, aside from having a really good time, I'm hoping to regain the flame and get my motivation back - then SCC 2011 will really have been worth it!

Valtteri

PS. My flight is KF507, arriving at Gardermoen at 1455 Friday. Is there a certain spot - maybe the parking lot just outside the airport main entrance - where I can hang out and maybe wait for the next SCC Shuttle coming by?

PS2. Any other Finns on that flight?

10 days left until the 10th SCC!

Who`s coming?

- Slugs?

- Jussi and his team has confirmed their arrival

- Jyrki?

- What about the brothers?

- Tomi with the brown split

Any questions please ask, we talked to a lot of you at VWOpen and it would be a pleasure meeting you again.

Best rgs

Kalle

Yap, some final touches to the car and I am ready to go.

Jyrki

GREAT news guys, thanks!

With regards to you`re flights and our SCC taxi I do recommend that you mention your flight schedule in the SCC thread on The Lounge: http://cal-look.no/lounge/index.php/topic,13728.0.html The Norwegian VW dealer have actually decided that SCC is worth sponsoring and they have kindly lent SCC a new VW Caravelle that we can use as a taxi this year. Surely SCC will pick you guys up at the airport.

Valtteri, let me know if there is anything we can do make sure you get you`re motivation back. I had a "down period" a while back and I sold absolutely everything I had except for the tools and I took a year off doing something else. I went to a couple of meetings during that year and one of the meetings that gave me my inspiration back was VWOpen. Apparantly I did forget what this is all about: FUN!

Brothers and Jari, so looking forward to seeing you again, WELCOME!

Best rgs

Kalle

post-1642-13888363573095_thumb.jpg

Guest valtteri

Valtteri, let me know if there is anything we can do make sure you get you`re motivation back. I had a "down period" a while back and I sold absolutely everything I had except for the tools and I took a year off doing something else. I went to a couple of meetings during that year and one of the meetings that gave me my inspiration back was VWOpen. Apparantly I did forget what this is all about: FUN!

Thanks for the kind words, Kalle! I think taking a little bit of a hiatus this year has done me good. The most important thing I've learned is that I don't have to - and I really shouldn't - do it unless I really want to. Unrealistic goals in relation to available free time were my undoing and it almost had me quitting the damn hobby!

I really feel like it's events like SCC that keep me going. Despite probably sounding like a total fool, I have to say that when these old VWs felt like a complete waste of time, I envisioned myself at the pits at SCC and that always made me realize that I really am a car guy after all. So, you've already helped me! Haha!

Anyway, I think my faith is being restored bit by bit, so watch out world (and other drivers on the road)!

Valtteri

PS. I did tinker with the car a little bit during the summer. After two years of not driving the thing, a quick spin around the block (the rear fenders and decklid were at the painters so I didn't want to risk it too much...) made me remember how much these little cars KICK ASS! =)

8 days to ignition!

Any questions please do not hesitate to ask. I`m afraid my Finish is not the best....... or more precisly it is limited to ei saa peittää so English would work a lot better.

BTW: the long term forecast is looking promising but it is far to early to be certain. It is going to rain this coming Saturday then no rain next week. This is good news for the track which still has the European Championship prep from last weekend.

Best rgs

Kalle

post-1642-13888363608468_thumb.jpg

Sniff sniff sniff................ I love the smell of trackbite in the morning.

Spent the weekend in the garage and managed to get all the little things done. The lightweight "made in Norway" race wheels are on, the fuel filters are cleaned, the battery is charged. All that is left is to prepare the driver and he is a slow motherf¤" :-)

Enough talk about my car and let us instead talk about a much more interesting car and mechanic. Tor Øyvind Skinne (pronounced Sjinne) and his amazing oval. He first built the car in the early 90`s and the car has since then gone through several changes. But never has it gone through so many changes as it has this winter and it has not been ready until now. Last weekend the engine was still in pieces and this weekend it was on the dyno. A little shy of the magic 1000hp on street boost but they did not want to push it further being so close to SCC.

The pre booking of tickets is now closed but do not worry, tickets will be available at the gate.

Best rgs

Kalle

post-1642-13888363615429_thumb.jpg

Excellent news Jori and welcome. But please be aware that there might be a bit chaotic when you arrive on Thursday. If the gates are closed (which they should be) you should call Øyvind Berger: +47 483 12 015.

The weather forecast is looking OK with a small chance of rain on Friday morning, then partly sunny on both Saturday and Sunday. Around +20C mid day both days. Fingers crossed. Rain or shine, we will do our best to make sure everyone have a great time.

Have I told you guys about the Vintage Corner? You know the guys that collect all the expensive old parts and use hours just to make sure that their car have the correct KAMAX and Rache bolts....... they have their own village where you can learn about the quality on the rubber used on the windshield wipers in 1951 and a lot more if you`re interested:

This year vintage attractions:

- Camping vans

- Karmann cabrios

- Porsche corner for aircooled Porsches

- The Møller tent. The Norwegian VW is bringing cars from 1936 and up incl some of the first 1948 models that arrived Norway.

Did I forget the war vehicles?.....

I just have to post a picture of a oval after all this vintage talk:

post-1642-13888363618104_thumb.jpg

Ladies, we have started the rigging.

Dry, nice conditions and 21C as we speak. A little windy but the wind is in the back - record conditions... just wish I could take my car for spin right now!

See you soon and remember: I have many friends but NOT ONE to loose so DRIVE CAREFULLY and be safe!

Best rgs

Kalle

post-1642-13888363629036_thumb.jpg

That`s excellent news, thanks for sharing. Jussi`s team just proved what I have always thought, that it is easy to make a race car. To make a fast race car on the other hand is not easy.

The fences are up, the stage is on its way up, the depo places are marked, the SCC tents are up and they start prepping the track and the gravel road to the strip now. The sun is shining and its around 18C. The forecast say that there is a chance for a little rain later today and a few drops tomorrow but sun on Saturday and partly sunny and warmer on Sunday.

Enjoy the ferry today and see you soon!

Best rgs

Kalle

post-1642-13888363629441_thumb.jpg

Yeah! I`m so looking forward to meeting you again so be warned... there might be a group hug

Mmmm.... I can smell the trackbite.

See you tomorrow Kalle! Wuhuu! Rumble time! Or as we say here in Finland: " Humpat ja Hulinat!"

Jaakko