More SCC info

Guest BeetleBug

Here is some more info about SCC;

1) For the first time SCC will be a VW only event and not a joint venture between Am-Cars and VW. This means that we have the strip for ourselves for two days and it will be plenty of race time

2) We have a discounted rate from the nearby hotel Quality Airport Hotel Gardermoen. 5 minutes drive from the strip. Tell them you are here for the SCC@GIR and you will get the discounted rate;

The prices for the weekend (two nights) are as follows:

Single room: 895NOK / 112€

Double room: 995NOK / 125€

Double room w/one extra bed: 1205NOK / 150€

Quality Airport Hotel Gardermoen

Jessheim

NO-2050 Jessheim

Tel.: (+47) 63 92 61 00

Fax: (+47) 63 92 61 01

3) We will offer pick up service for the guys that arrives by plane.

4) Soon we will have a SCC Web ready where you can buy your entrance tickets in advance at a discounted rate, you can also book place for your race car. You will of course also find all the info you need.

5) There will be a qualified jury to judge the showcars.

6) We`re working on offering you guys a dyno service with test and tune.

7) There will be a live concert on Saturday

8) There will be a official SCC BBQ party

9) The famous SCC waffles will of course be for sale. Food and beverages will be available at the strip.

10) There will be a opportunity to wash your show car.

11) Camping allowed at the strip. (please note, the camping is close to the airport) There is wc`s on place but unfortunately not a sauna.

12) There will be price money; not much I`m afraid but hopefully enough for you guys to push the pedal to the metal;

The classes and cash prizes are as follows:

Slicks

Fastest NA. 1st Price 4000,- NOK / 500 EUR

Fastest SC. 1st Price 4000,- NOK / 500 EUR

Street tyre

Fastest NA. 1st Price 2000,- NOK / 250 EUR

Fastest SC. 1st Price 2000,- NOK / 250 EUR

Fastest stock. 1st Price 1000,- NOK / 125 EUR

14) Safety

This is the most important issue for us! We will offer you the same traction they have there during the European Top Fuel championships. The strip will be glued for the whole 402 meters. The track and timing crew will also be the same. Of course fire and hospital crew will be on alert the whole weekend.

Lot more info to come later and perhaps also some rumours. Do you know that Richie Webb has challenged the fastest turbo guys to race him without sissy bars???

I sincerely hope to see a huge crowd from Finland coming to SCC!

Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions.

Best rgs

Kalle

Guest Toheltaja

Sounds good! I will come with my wife and one friend few days earlier to take a sight seen tour in norway (bullshit, I don't trust my car that much, so I have few days to repair it on the road :D )

Sounds good! I will come with my wife and one friend few days earlier to take a sight seen tour in norway (bullshit, I don't trust my car that much, so I have few days to repair it on the road :D )

Hi Jani, this is excellent info, thanks! You, your wife and your friend is most welcome. A couple of days extra sounds like a good idea but I hope you will have a problem free trip. The gates will open on Friday 12.00 but if your car stays together and you`re there before I will arrange for you to get in.

Best rgs

Kalle

Guest valtteri

Dude, it really sounds like you've got your s**t together!

I am definitely thinking about taking the split bug up to your neck of the woods! I am aiming for Bugrun and Bug-In and finishing up the summer with SCC would be very cool. I've also heard many good things about your hospitality and being a total bum, it'd be cool to take advantage of it! ;)

But seriously, it sounds like a really cool event!

Dude, it really sounds like you've got your s**t together!

I am definitely thinking about taking the split bug up to your neck of the woods! I am aiming for Bugrun and Bug-In and finishing up the summer with SCC would be very cool. I've also heard many good things about your hospitality and being a total bum, it'd be cool to take advantage of it! ;)

But seriously, it sounds like a really cool event!

Thank you for you kind words! We have taken a HUGE chance this year but we feel it is necessary to take SCC to "the next level" We will try our best to offer all you VW heads a event to remember - just like you guys did with your dyno day and your VWOpen event!

Take it slow and dont burn yourself out on BR and BI - We would love to pay back your hospitality at SCC!

C-ya!

Best rgs

Kalle

• 4 months later...