advice needed-Karmenpesa/heat exchangers, extra oil filter

Guest Combiwagen1969

Guest Combiwagen1969

I need advice frompeople who know more about this stuff than me.

This may sound like a stupid question but what happens to the heat exchangers when you put a 'snakes-nest' exhaust on???? both can't fit on at once ....can they?

next question. I want to add an oil filter. has anyone done this? can you tell me how?

next question. I want to add an oil pressure gauge. has anyone done this? can you tell me how?

next question. I want to put a temperature gauge. I guess it would have to be an oil temp. gauge. Can this be done? if so.................has anyone done this? can you tell me how?

next question. ..............ok, thats enough questions for this time. can anyone help??[/b]

think you can keep your heat exchangers even with a snakes-nest, but then you will lose some of that otherwise gained horsepower (at least 1 :)

normally people put J-pipes (shaped like the letter) in to replace the heat exchangers thus giving it even more power, but less comfort if you need heating.

oil filters are usually easy to install, but I don't know about type 2. Would figure you can get a standard stand with a in/out -tubes for the filter or a stand with a filter in it.

oil pressure gauge - well, seems to me that information adds the amount of stress, because if you don't know it you don't have to mind about it :)))

So don't put a gauge and live free of stress. If the pressure drops, you'll notice it soon :)

Sorry I might be a bit drunk here, so you might want to get more advice :)

Guest Combiwagen1969

Thanks for the help, So If I were to keep the exchangers in there (not using J pipes) what happens to the other big pipe on the front of the exchanger? you know the one that comes up through the flexible pipes to each side of the fan housing?

I'll take your advice on the oil pressure thing.

Has anyone got pics of an installed oil filter?