TF-1 alulohko strokerille

Guest Bugfuel

Paljoko se maksaa? Tuossa olis kyllä ikuisiksi ajoiksi lohko joka kestää melkein mitä vain.

Muistaakseni Scatin "vastaava" lohko maksoi 1500 dollarin verran. Ja eikös Bugpackin nimellä ole ollut vastaava. Onkohan tuo TF-1 läpipultattava malli vai M12 pinnapultit niinkuin vakiolohkoissa. Jake Raby painotti että läpipultattava on parempi tapa yhdistää lohkonpuolikkaat.

tuo on nimenomaan lapipulteilla.

CB alulohko on luokkaa $600

Bugpackista en tieda, mutta yleisestiottaen bugpackin laatu on aika kuraa. Joitain helmia lienee siella taalla

Scatilla ja pauterilla on sitten niita moniosaisia race lohkoja.

Mulla on liuta kysymyksia vetamassa tuonne, katotaan mita ne sanoo.

Jan

Guest Mika Raussi

En tiiä, mutta ihmetyttää toi nokka-akselin siirtäminen Siis sitä on laskettu noin 2.5 milliä alemmas ja sitä rataa kauemmas kammesta? Ja nokkarattaan hammasvälys menee ihan vituiks?

En tiiä, mutta ihmetyttää toi nokka-akselin siirtäminen Siis sitä on laskettu noin 2.5 milliä alemmas ja sitä rataa kauemmas kammesta? Ja nokkarattaan hammasvälys menee ihan vituiks?

Ma kysyin just tuotakin meilitse

Eli molemmat nokkarattaat pitää sillon tulla uusiks. Mahtaa olla modulin mitta vähän omituinen, mut taitaa se olla kyl vakionakin?

Vakiorattaitakin on monella eri mitalla, ikina tieda milloin tulee just soppeli valys jne... ja aftermarket rattaat on joskus jopa soikeita :)

Jospa tossa lisabonuksena sais tasan oikein mitoitetun hammaskosketuksen? Mikali kaikki osat tulee samasta putkasta.

Sain jo vastauksen pastean koko lontoonkielisne sepustuksen tahan ja suomentelen tarvittaessa..

Hi, I can see that you are very interested in the case so I will give

you the complete history of this case and tell you where I am at now with

it. I am from the off-road racing end of the VW spectrum. A few years back my race engine builder in Southern California (Kenny Majors) was having trouble with magnesium cases in the 1776cc class 12 engines he was building. The engines had to be recased every 2 races due to cracks showing up. He had one customer that was leading the Baja 1000 and the mag case split right at the oil pressure sensor behind the distributor and spit out the sensor and all of the oil. Needless to say they did not win that race. I was racing a car with a 2332cc engine using a old 2 piece ARPM case. I had great luck with and had raced a couple of dozen races with it and the case was like new.

Those cases have not been build for years and so I brought up the idea

to him to make a case like it. We make a casting pattern and had some

castings poured. We were able to update the case somewhat to make it better. Some of the oil passages were cast into the ARPM and now with more powerful machine tools that we have we were able to drill all of the passages ensuring clear clean intersecting holes. We updated the oil pickup and one of the full flow connections on the case (you may have seen it on the website) to make plumbing a little easier. I have manufactured about 80 cases and several

went off-road racing. One of the cases has over 30 SCORE races

including one class 12 year end point championship. Another customer raced class 10 last year winning the Baja 500 and the Baja 1000 and , I think, a couple of other races and ended up with the class 10 championship.

Building the case was too slow with the equipment I was using so I

invested in a new very expensive machine and a new shop to put it in.

We have been retooling this new machine for about 16 months to get this

case up and into production. I have a full time machinist|programmer on the job and it is coming along nicely. We are setting up the machine for production style manufacturing. I hope to get the price down on the case from what I originally had to sell it for which was around $1500. I think this new setup will make cases fast enough to get the price between $1000 and $1200 dollars. We will see. I really won't know until I get the setup done which should be in the next few months.

But aside from that I am pleased with what we have done so far and the

precision the new setup has given us. I will be producing .100 drop cam gears in the future. Right now I have some that were produced in the Southwest that work very well. I sell them for $150 a set. They are steel straight cut gears. Competition Engineering

makes them and you can buy them from those folks as well.

I am using 10 mm head studs because this case is for high

performance. I know of turbo engines claiming over 400HP on the dyno. The engine builders I have talked to want 10mm studs for engines like that. You can always put inserts in and use 8mm if you want. One thing about this case is that the 356-t6 aluminum it is made of is far better than any material in the stock type 1 cases. The threads will not pull nearly as easily as a stock VW case.

We have been using 10mm on the off-road race engines with no problems

that I have heard of. I do not provided the head studs with the case. Since

every builder has his idea of what he wants to build with this case it is

impossible to guess the length of head studs needed. I suggest Raceware

head studs. They will give the highest quality and any length needed. I have not included any of the hardware in the past except the through bolts. Most everyone has robbed the studs and bolts out of a old case. I will try to get a case bolt package together and offer it with the case but my first concern is to get this case setup complete. I will keep your address and let you know when cases are ready if you would like. Hope that answers some of your questions.

Todd Francis

Precision Alloy CNC Machining LLC.

http://www.precisionalloy.com

Guest Toheltaja

Ei noi Akselivälin siirrot o hammaspyörillä mikäänongelma. Saman modulin terällävoidaan tehdä samalla hammasluvulla aika isojakin akselivälitarpeita. Meinaan tuommonen 5mm ei o mikään juttu ees pienillä moduleilla... Muistaakseni suorahampaiset jyrsittiin MOD2,5 terällä...

Voi olla, että mulla meni ohi, kun en jaksanut ihan kaikkia sepustuksia lueskella, mutta miten toi eroaa tästä?

http://www.aircooled.fi/shop/index.php?productID=258

Lähinnä tässä mietiskelen "laatu" vs. kustannuspuolta.

Lahtokohtana on ollu hyvaksi havaittu ARPM lohko jota ei enaa ole tehty aikoihin jostain syysta. Sita sitten parannettiin. Metallilaatu on valittu tahan kayttotarpeeseen. LIsaksi full flow liitantoja varten on 2 vaihtoehtoista valmista paikkaa, seka nokkaa on pudotettu alaspain kauemmas kampurasta, jotta lohkoon saisi helposti pitempi iskuisia kampuroita.

En tieda onko tuo parempi kuin toi CB lohko, mutta varmaan ihan hyva.

Jan