1303 -73 madallus

Guest Metu2

Moro kaikille.Tuollasta olisin kyselly että kuppelissani on nyt 195/50.15 renkaat ja sivusta katsottuna se ehkä näyttää hieman hassulta (keula pystyssä) elikkäs meinasin jos taakse mahtus 205/60.15 ????? ja eteen jättäs ne 195" eli keula pikkasen laskis mut jos innostun laskemaan kuppelin perssoni keulaa niin varmaan pitää ostaa madallusjouset 8cm vai miten itse tekisitte homman neuvoja kaivattas autosta pitäs saaha pikkasen keula alaviistoon.

post-1127-13888358150728_thumb.jpg

rälläkällä jousista 2 kierrosta pois.......en tiedä

Tosi fiksuja neuvoja sulla.

Jos lakipylälien mukaan mennään niin maximi madallus on 51mm. Jokainen voi sitten tehdä ihan omantunnon mukaan. Laita mielummin jotku 185/65 renkaat joka nurkkaan tai 175/70 eteen ja 185/65 taakse ja maltillinen madallus niin näyttää paremmalta ja on parempi käteen.

Matalempien jousien kanssa pitää huomioida myös iskarien pohjausvara on saatavissa jousi/iskaripaketteja jotka ovat suunniteltuja toimimaan keskenään. Koni ja Bilsteinit ovat parhaimmasta päästä. Ja muistaakseni koneja on ainakin neoretrolla myynnissä. Kannattaa vaan varmistaa että ovat madallettuun alustaan tarkoitettuja jne. Möhkömiehet kertoo lisää.

Guest Raggare

eiks mk1 ja 03 oo aika sama jousitus :P

The Hoodstrut tech article!

1) Since I am useing cheap (around $50) slip-on coil over springs and perches I will no longer need the stock spring perch. I must use smaller diameter coil springs for tire clearance. This picture shows the stock spring perch removed.

31.jpg

2) The problem with lowering the Mk1 on stock struts, is that the struts bottom out. To rectify this problemI am going to section 3" out of the struts and all of the internals. You must use original struts with orginal internals (not cartridges) to be able to do this.

32.jpg

3) Here is a modified strut housing next to a original strut housing. You can see how much shorter it is going to be.

33.jpg

4) This is the tube that goes inside of the strut housing, the strut rod and dampening valve ride on the inside of this tube. I must cut 3" off of this tube to match the strut housing. The best and cleanest way to cut this is with a pipe cutter.

34.jpg

35.jpg

36.jpg

5) The last part to modify is the strut rod/dampening valve. This is the only part I could not do at home. I had to take the strut rod/dampening valve to a local machine shop to have the rod cut down and re-treaded 4" on a lathe. I decided to go 4" on the rod because when the strut was bottomed, the rod stuck out 1.5". It cost me $20 to have this done.

37.jpg

38.jpg

6) To reassemble the strut, put it back together the way you took it apart! The first step is to clean everything. Then clamp the strut housing in a vice and drop the tube in.

39.jpg

7) Then slide the strut rod/valve into the tube.

40.jpg

8 ) Next fill the strut housing and tube with oil. Use special shock oil, because most other kinds of oil will foam. I found that motorcycle shops have several different brands and weights of shock oil. I'm not sure what weight of oil was originally used. So I choose a weight that I felt was a little thicker than the original. I wanted to use thicker oil to make the ride stiffer to prevent the car from bottoming out.

41.jpg

42.jpg

9) Next re-install the oil/dust seal. Slide it down over the strut rod. Before seating it make sure that the strut rod is extended out to its maximium position. If you do not pull the rod out before installing the seal, the strut will be hydro-locked in a compressed position.

43.jpg

10) The last thing to do is install the retaining cap and tighten it with a pipe wrench, or correct tool. Be careful not to over tighten the cap causing the internal parts to distort.

44.jpg

45.jpg

11) This is it! In this picture you can see the adjustable srping perch I used. These modified "Hoodstruts" will drag the A arms on the ground......and put holes in the oil sump. :P

46.jpg

Guest ritariässä

Vaihtoehtoja on paljon. joku katkaisee vakiojousia, toiset ostaa madallusjouset joita löytyy ns nimettöminä ja laatumerkkisinä hiukan kalliimpaan hintaan. nimettömiä ja noin 40-50mm madaltavia sa jo alle satkun ja iskareikis kelpaa vakiopiuiset. parasta haluaville löytyy kynäjousitolppia, mut 500 euroo ei riitä noiden ostamiseen jos on laadukas eurooppalainen merkki.